Monday, April 30, 2012

Kaisercraft Sketch #3 April

Happy Monday! Here's another layout from my weekend scrapping, this time for the Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch #3 April...


And here's the sketch...


I have to admit, when I first saw that sketch, I nearly put it in the 'too hard basket'. It looks so tricky! But I did a bit of a mirror image flip of the sketch, and changed some of the elements, and I love how it turned out. I used mostly Sweet Nothings, with a bit of Hunt & Gather for this layout, as well as some of the wooden flourishes, and an A2Z Scraplets chipboard word. Here's a few close ups...


I love that photo of Em. It was taken by a local photographer, and unfortunately it was one of the only decent photos from the whole shoot. I was so bummed, but at least there was one or two good pics.


Well, it's time for me to start making those school lunches. Hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Monday... it's only Sunday! LOL 6 pm here, probably pushing well into Mon. afternoon for you. :) Your page is just beautiful. So so pretty!!!! I love the colors and your take on the sketch. What a beautiful photo of Em too!

Kelly Massman said...

Your take is beautiful. I would have gone running from this sketch--but you've made it seem less scary! Thanks for your kind words on my blog lately!!! :-)

Marelize said...

Wow! Your layout is stunning Samantha! I love the 'Sweet Nothings' collection. You've done a fab job with that sketch.
Hope you have a great week too. :)

Lauren T said...

Nice work with the sketch. I didn't even both with that one because of how complicated it looked. Sorry to hear the photo shoot didn't go well.

Al Hannah said...

This layout is gorgeous Sam ... great take on the sketch!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...