Monday, April 23, 2012

Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch - #1 April

I'm on a bit of a scrapping roll at the moment, and I've got another April challenge done, this one is for the Kaisercraft Saturday sketch comp...


I just love this photo of Emma! It was taken when we were on our Seaworld holiday, and we had a night out at the Outback Spectacular. It was such a fantastic night out, and the kids just loved the show. I was a bit worried about the food they served, because there was no kids menu offered, and the kids are such fussy eaters. When the first course was served, I just knew they wouldn't like it. It was some sort of cold vege tart, which was really yummy to me...but the little rascals wouldn't touch it. Thank goodness that the main meal was good old steak and veg, and they had no trouble gobbling that up!


They really got the audience involved, which was so much fun for the kids. When you go in, you get one of these hats, either yellow or red (I think), and that tells you what side you were on, as the show was kind of about two different farms, and there was a bit of a competition between them. It looked like our side was going to lose, but in the end they won, and the kids were thrilled. Jack actually said that going there was the best part of our whole holiday :)


I dug in to my Hunt & Gather stash to do this page. I was actually planning on scrapping some fishing/camping photos with it, but it just suited this photo perfectly.


Here's the sketch I used...


I stuck pretty much to the sketch, although I made mine a mirror image, as that suited the photo a bit better.

Well, I've got a pile of layouts I'm hoping to finish off before the month is up, and hopefully I'll get a chance to get some more done tonight. Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Kel said...

Ohh I just love this page Sam- awesome :)

Kim said...

this is lovely Samantha, I always love your rolled flowers!

Melfield said...

Just ❤ this page Sam....I ❤ ur rolled flowers too...why do mine never turn out like that?????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...