Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back to Basics - Handmade Flowers


A little while back, I was asked by Scrapbooking Memories Magazine to do some layouts for a Back to Basics feature, featuring handmade paper embellishments. Well, of course, I jumped at the chance to do that. I'm sure you know how much I love to make embellies, lol! The hardest part was doing the basic layout. I just kept wanting to add more to it, but I was good, and just kept it as basic as possible, with a few paper lollipop flowers, and a few strips of ruffled paper...


I had to use the same photo and products for the second layout, but could use some more advanced techniques. So....I added some Rolled Flowers, Twisty Flowers, and Paper Bead Butterflies (click on each one for the tutorial), as well as some more ruffled/pleated paper and lollipop flowers. I think this layout is definately more "me"...


Here are a few close ups...




And here's how it looks in the mag...


I love that Em thinks she's famous, when she sees herself in the magazines. It's so cute! She's been scrapping up a storm lately, and wants me to send her layouts in to get published. I love it that she loves to scrap, but she drives me nuts when she pinches all my stuff, especially all the bling! I'll have to pop some of her layouts on here soon, some of them are actully pretty good!

Well, I have lots of scrapping to do tonight, and a few episodes of Dexter to watch, but I'll be back soon, hopefully with lots of layouts to share :)

Hope you are having a great week!

7 comments:

Amanda J said...

CUTE layout!! I love those rolled flowers!! I can never get mine to stay together like that, lol, I don't know if I don't use enough adhesive or what! Yours are gorgeous though!! So cute about your daughter! :) Mine love scrapping along with me too...its nice til we go to the LSS and they think they need to get new supplies too! LOL!

Alanna said...

Very nice LO Sam! I love seeing the simple LOs and then the same one more embellished!

So cute about your DD - you should definitely post some of her work! I would love to see it, and it would inspire my lil sister some more!!

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

love it!!!
kisses
Rosana

Debbie said...

Both layouts are beautiful! I also love the rolled flowers. Love the technique of the matting on the second layout! Sweet picture of Em!

Just Jaime said...

Cool! Love the folding you did!

Carin McDonough said...

Stunning layout Sam! I love your flowers they are always so neat and perfectly made! :)

Lauren said...

I loved seeing this feature in the magazine. Thanks for the links to the tutorials to make all the flowers too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...