Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another Christmas Layout...

Only 17 days to go!! Excitement levels are running very high in our house, and the kids almost can't stand all this waiting. I've been trying to keep them busy during the day, but with the rainy weather we've been having, there's only so much you can do! At night though, we pull out our collection of Christmas books and talk about nothing but Christmas.

Now, I have to tell you about this one particular book, which I think is THE most awesome Christmas book, especially as kids get that bit older...


Santa Claus! It's not actually a story, it's written more like a non-fiction book, with lots of details that explain all those questions that kids ask, like how Santa gets around the world in one night, and so many more. I think I'd be a bit lost without this book sometimes!


It's definately well worth looking out for if you haven't got it.

And here's another Christmas layout, this one is in the latest DoCrafts magazine, along with all the instructions...


That photo is from last Christmas, when I got like 2 hours sleep on Christmas Eve because the kids wouldn't go to sleep, and then woke up super early. How mean am I, making them pose for photos before they rip into their pressies? They must think I'm so annoying! Here's a little close up, I made some of those rolled flowers out of vellum...


Well, that's all from me for now. I'm think I'm going to brave the shops with the kids today. Wish me luck!

15 comments:

Colleen B. said...

I love this LO & the handmade embellies are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO Sam, and love all the details!

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Sam... LOVE the colour combo & your gorgeous hand made flowers... so cute!!

Chloe said...

LOL - such excitement!!!! Good luck for the next 17 days!!
Gorgeous LO, love that colour combo and the sweet little presents and flowers :-)

amanda73 said...

looks like an awesome book, i will definitely keep an eye out for it..............love love that layout, just gorgeous

Kelly Massman said...

Love the details in your pretty layout! Oh, and I'm so interested in that book. I'm a librarian and I always get excited about discovering a new good book!

Kim said...

this i s fab Sam, congrats on the article too BTW

Mara Campbell said...

Super cute flowers and I LOOOVE the pink in the christmas layout! So so pretty!

Belinda said...

Beautiful layout Sam and congrats on making it into that mag. AWESOME!! I think you are well within your rights to make the 'little rascals' pose for photos first when they kept you up all night!!! LOL Good luck with the shopping!!

Cindy Groh said...

This LO is super cute. I love the colors and the frame effect you gave it.

Kerry O'Meara said...

Gorgeous sam. I love the vellum flower. What a good use for it!!!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Sam! Love the colors and your flowers are beautiful! Happy Holidays!

Natalie said...

Going to hunt down that book...i have a bit of a thing for Christmas books of all kinds!! That is a gorgeous page Sam...love the border!!! Hope you and your family are well.
Hugs

CAstangs said...

really cute LO... love the unexpected color combination

sandra said...

lol I agree with Belinda.
great layout Sam jsut gorgeous..I alway admire your handmade blooms. and that book looks fab!!!
thanks for your lovely comment on my blog...and please feel free to stop by and say hi to Hugh anytime!! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...