Monday, January 4, 2010

A Couple of Cards...


A little while back I made some cards for the docrafts magazine. All I was able to use were some flower stickers and cardstock, and I found it to be a HUGE challenge. I usually rely on patterned paper whenever I create anything, so it took me forever to figure out what to do with it...

For this one it finally came together when I drew some stems and grass for the pink flowers and turned the green flowers into butterflies. I was actually pretty happy with how this one turned out :-)


For this next one I didnt want to do the same thing so I just kept it pretty simple and drew a scalloped frame to put the flower in and some strips of cardstock for the background.


I have some more cards on the go at the moment (using patterned paper this time!) and I'll be back to share them as soon as they're done :-)

3 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Samantha, you amaze me... you have managed to create such gorgeous cards using the absolute bare minimum and the colour schemes are straight out of a lolly shop... yummy!
Melinda x

Shemaine Smith said...

Congrats on being published! I love your cards and the use of the black outlining! That's my dream for 2010!

Al Hannah said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sam ... I just flicked through my copy of this magazine and saw these! OMGOSH how fabulous for you - so well deserved! They are amazing !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...