Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Need to Scrap!

With all the Christmassy things going on, I haven't had a chance to do much scrapping and I miss it! Actually Emma has been scrapping more than I have. She got lots of scrapping goodies under the tree and has been crafting like crazy, while I have been unpacking the last of the boxes, cleaning, cooking and organising. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. My scrapping room is just about done and I am in here at the moment. I still need to get a few more storage things and I will be ready to scrap. I have so many new photos from Christmas that I can't wait to use. Most of my favourites were taken on Christmas Eve, as I decided to put the camera away on Christmas morning, after taking just a few, so I could really enjoy it with the kids.


I was sooo tired on Christmas morning. Jack was too excited to sleep on Christmas Eve. He kept hearing Santa's sleigh on the roof, and didnt go to sleep until 12.30am! Of course Santa couldnt visit til he went to sleep. Then Emma was up at 2am, so excited because she saw that Santa had been and she could see all the pressies under the tree. She wanted to wake Jack up then and there and get started opening presents, but I made her some toast and then popped her into bed with me. Finally she went back to sleep. I managed to get a few hours sleep before they both woke me up after 6, then we called mum and dad over and then the present opening began!


The kids got mountains of new toys, as usual. Jack got so much Lego, and some of the boxes were huge, but he had them all assembled by boxing day. I can't believe how quick he is these days. Em got plenty of crafty stuff, which she just loves. We had such a nice day, and I really loved being at our house for the whole day and not having to go out.


As much as I love Christmas, I'm glad that it's all over for another year. I'm looking forward to getting the house completely sorted. I went out and bought a heap of new furniture yesterday, and a nice big new tv too. I cant wait til everything gets delivered next week! I am looking forward to things getting back to normal and having a bit more time. I am really missing scrapping, so I am making some time tonight to finish off a few things that I had started before Christmas, so hopefully I'll have something interesting to share in the next day or two.

Hope everyone has a great New Years Eve tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

I can totally relate to missing the scrapping... haven't had a chance to sit and do anything for what seems like forever. I seriously need to clear everyone out of the house and have some 'me' time. Glad you had a great Christmas after the big move and I hope things settle down soon.
Melinda x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

It goes so quickly doesn't it Sam? All the lead up is just crazy and Christmas Day is over before we know it. Hope you can get your scrapping fix in real soon! Happy New Year!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...